Health and wellness fair
A health and wellness fair featuring a wide variety of health screenings and health educational tools has been set for September 9 at Bernard Halpern Park, 4150 Tilly Mill Road. The event, coordinated by the Masjid At-Taqwa, City of Doraville and the Doraville Police Department, is open to ALL area residents, and will be held from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Highlights of the event will include free health screenings (blood glucose monitoring, blood pressure measurement, body mass index or BMI), diabetes education, kidney education and flu shots (the flu shots are free with proof of insurance or available at a small fee for those without insurance).
Admission, food, a scavenger hunt, giveaways, and children’s activities are also all FREE!
Food sponsors for the fair include Al-Amin, Al-Mezan and Bangladesh Halal. Other sponsors of the event include Walmart, DCI Dialysis Clinic, Reach Kidney Care and Masjid Uthman.
For more details, call 404-230-2959 or 404-317-1988.
Eid ul Adha Announcement
Insha’Allah, Eid ul-Adha will be Friday, September 1, 2017
1st Eid Salath: 8:15am
2nd Eid Salath: 9:15am
If weather permits, Insha’Allah we will perform EID salath outside as usual. Due to limited parking space, we encourage everyone to carpool, park in Friday Plaza (Al-Meezan Cafe), Delta Computers, or Home Depot parking lot.
PLEASE AVOID USING WOODWIN RD.
Use BEACON RD (Road between Home Depot and Delta Computers) to come to Masjid.
Etiquettes and Rulings of `Eid ul-Adha
- Taking a Bath before Going out to the Prayer
- Eating after the Prayer on `Eid ul-Adha
- Takbeer-e-tashreeq starts on arafa day (the day before Eid) from Fajr prayer until the Asr prayer of the fourth day of Eid. (8/31/17- 9/4/17). It is done after each fard prayers.
- Offering Congratulations (Eid Mubarak)
- Adorning Oneself on the Occasion of `Eid. Wear best clothes and use perfume..
- Going to the Prayer by One Route and Returning by Another.
Allahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar
La illaha il Allah
Allahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar
The Prophet Muhammed ( صلى الله عليه وسلم ) said: “There are no days that are greater before Allah or in which good deeds are more beloved to Him, than these ten days (the first 10 days of Dhul-Hajjah), so recite a great deal of tahleel, takbeer and tahmeed during them.” (Ahmad)
The Eclipse Prayer: Salaat-ul-kusoof (Solar Eclipse prayer)
Reasons that Muslims should be humble before Allah during an eclipse
An Eclipse prayer is made up of two rakaats of prayer (two units of prayer). Basically there are two rukus (bowings) and two recitations from Qur’an in each unit of prayer (rakaat) – in normal prayer, there is only one bowing per unit of prayer.
- So you stand up for prayer as normal
- Recite Qur’an as you normally would
- Go into Rukoo (bow) and prolong the rukoo with duas
- Stand up and recite Qur’an again
- Go into Rukoo (bow) again and prolong the rukoo with duas but not as long as the first rukoo
- Stand up and then go into sujood (prostration) and prolong the sujood with duas
- Sit up straight
- Go into sujood again and prolong it (but not as long as the first sujood)
- You repeat the above steps for the second rakaat (second unit of prayer)