A health and wellness fair featuring a wide variety of health screenings and health educational tools has been set for September 9 at Bernard Halpern Park, 4150 Tilly Mill Road. The event, coordinated by the Masjid At-Taqwa, City of Doraville and the Doraville Police Department, is open to ALL area residents, and will be held from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Highlights of the event will include free health screenings (blood glucose monitoring, blood pressure measurement, body mass index or BMI), diabetes education, kidney education and flu shots (the flu shots are free with proof of insurance or available at a small fee for those without insurance).
Admission, food, a scavenger hunt, giveaways, and children’s activities are also all FREE!
Food sponsors for the fair include Al-Amin, Al-Mezan and Bangladesh Halal. Other sponsors of the event include Walmart, DCI Dialysis Clinic, Reach Kidney Care and Masjid Uthman.
For more details, call 404-230-2959 or 404-317-1988.
Insha’Allah, Eid ul-Adha will be Friday, September 1, 2017
1st Eid Salath: 8:15am
2nd Eid Salath: 9:15am
If weather permits, Insha’Allah we will perform EID salath outside as usual. Due to limited parking space, we encourage everyone to carpool, park in Friday Plaza (Al-Meezan Cafe), Delta Computers, or Home Depot parking lot.
PLEASE AVOID USING WOODWIN RD.
Use BEACON RD (Road between Home Depot and Delta Computers) to come to Masjid.
Etiquettes and Rulings of `Eid ul-Adha
- Taking a Bath before Going out to the Prayer
- Eating after the Prayer on `Eid ul-Adha
- Takbeer-e-tashreeq starts on arafa day (the day before Eid) from Fajr prayer until the Asr prayer of the fourth day of Eid. (8/31/17- 9/4/17). It is done after each fard prayers.
- Offering Congratulations (Eid Mubarak)
- Adorning Oneself on the Occasion of `Eid. Wear best clothes and use perfume..
- Going to the Prayer by One Route and Returning by Another.
Allahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar
La illaha il Allah
Allahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar
The Prophet Muhammed ( صلى الله عليه وسلم ) said: “There are no days that are greater before Allah or in which good deeds are more beloved to Him, than these ten days (the first 10 days of Dhul-Hajjah), so recite a great deal of tahleel, takbeer and tahmeed during them.” (Ahmad)
Reasons that Muslims should be humble before Allah during an eclipse
An Eclipse prayer is made up of two rakaats of prayer (two units of prayer). Basically there are two rukus (bowings) and two recitations from Qur’an in each unit of prayer (rakaat) – in normal prayer, there is only one bowing per unit of prayer.
- So you stand up for prayer as normal
- Recite Qur’an as you normally would
- Go into Rukoo (bow) and prolong the rukoo with duas
- Stand up and recite Qur’an again
- Go into Rukoo (bow) again and prolong the rukoo with duas but not as long as the first rukoo
- Stand up and then go into sujood (prostration) and prolong the sujood with duas
- Sit up straight
- Go into sujood again and prolong it (but not as long as the first sujood)
- You repeat the above steps for the second rakaat (second unit of prayer)
Insha’Allah, EID will be tomorrow Sunday 6/25/17
1st Eid Salath: 8:30am
2nd Eid Salath: 9:30am
If weather permits, Insha’Allah we will perform EID salath outside as usual. Due to limited parking space, we encourage everyone to carpool, park in Friday Plaza, Delta Computers, or Home Depot parking lot.
Khatmul Qur’an – 29th night of Ramadan (Friday, June 23)
The Masjid At-Taqwa Ramadan Iftar Program is sponsored by the community every year. This includes the dates, dinner, supplies, cleaning etc. Please participate in this program by contributing in any way possible. Allah (SWT) offers great rewards for feeding the fasting persons. We schedule dinner donations to avoid overlapping, and provide balance, so please contact us to book a date in advance.
ALL CHICKEN & MEAT MUST BE HAND-ZABIHA.
You can contribute to this program in several ways:
- Provide cooked dinners. Please contact us to schedule these!
- Donate cash to be used to cater the dinners (preferred).
- Contribute cash to purchase supplies (plates, cups, spoons, napkins, or dates).
- Bring dates, fruits, bottled water or ice.
- Volunteer to assist in daily set up, clean up, & generally provide service to others.
The first night of Ramadan will be today, Friday, May 26th and the first day of fasting is tomorrow, Saturday, May 27th. Please join us every night for Taraweeh after Isha Salath